SCOPE OF 3D PRINTING IN THE AEROSPACE AND DEFENSE INDUSTRY
Posted on : Oct 11, 2021
In the last few years, 3D printing has experienced revolutionary changes because now they are not limited to prototypes but also their functional parts are used widely in Aircraft. There are numerous parts like wall panels, air ducts, and different types of structural metal components. Below mentioned are some of the major advantages of 3D printing in the Aerospace and Defense industry:-
- A) Weight reduction-In the field of aerospace and engine performance, weight management plays an important role while framing aircraft design. One of the biggest advantages of reducing weight will lead to a reduction in fuel consumption, carbon dioxide emission, and payload. This technology is considered an ideal solution for creating lightweight parts which directly saves considerable fuel capacity.
- B) Useful for low-volume production- 3D printing plays important role in different industries like defence and aerospace where the making of complete parts is produced in low volumes. This technology helps in making complex geometries without investing in costly tooling equipment, OEMs, and related supplies in the most cost-effective ways. Thus various parts can be easily made into small batches more cost-effectively and efficiently.
- C) Enhances material efficiency-The process of 3D printing requires lesser materials as it producing parts layer by layers. Thus it creates less waste than old subtractive methods.
- D) Parts consolidation-Parts consolidation is all about integrating different parts into single components Due to 3D printing; one of the biggest benefits is parts consolidation.
- E) Repair and maintenance-3D printing help in repairing and maintaining aerospace and military equipment eg turbine blades and high-end components.
At C-DESIGN, we provide effective 3D printing services within the stipulated time frame and allocated budget. Contact us and get your quotation.